Monday 18 May 2009

Deep blue


This is a beach half an hour away from Benguela, know as "Shark Beach". No sharks around, but a tiny and cute jellyfish got me...I'm trying to find out the specie, and for that I asked Dr. Roberto Goiten - who was my Zoogeography teacher in University. I'll reserve a special post just for this amazing animal, for now you can enjoy the beauty of the beach itself.

I stayed for a long time looking at the view and staring at that pink-coloured house on the top of the hill. It is abandonned, but I couldn't stop imagining how would it be to live there. No power, no neighbours, no near market, but honestly: why would you need that? I'd scuba dive all day, just like this lucky man under here.

The image is like a postcard from Caribbean, or of a hidden place on Hawaii. But it's in Africa! Ten minutes away, kids asking for money walking over the sandy soil, women digging the sand to find water to wash their clothes and goats. It's impressive to see the beach from the mountain, it is like finding a paradise you would never imagine to be there.

We're planning a journey to the desert of Namibe, and the pictures will be way different than today's. There's still much more to see and experience here in this place forgotten by many.


1 comment:

Erasmo Júnior said...

Vou falar em portugues mesmo: a transparência dessas aguas é fantática!!!!!!!!!!!
Vale a pena conhecer este lugar.